Plantain Extract Manufacturer & Supplier For Over 25 Years.Request Plantain Extract Ingredient Quote
Wholesale Plantain Extract | Extract Source: Plantago Asiatica | Bulk Buy Powder Specification 10:1 or Customized | Brown Fine Powder | Sample & MOQ 1KG | Inquiry Today. Order Today!
Plantago Asiatica, P.depressa, P.major, P. lan-ceolata, P. ovata and P. syllium are herbs of the genus Plantago in the Plantaceae family. Cosmetics use them to dry extracts of Whole Herb and seeds.
Click here to learn more
Plantain seed contains a large amount of mucous plantain gum, which is a polysaccharide component, including L - arabinose, D - galactose, D - glucose, D - mannose, L - rhamnose, D - gluconic acid and a small amount of D - xylose and carboxylose;
Flavonoid compounds include luteolin, high phytoside, phytoside, etc.
Iridoids were mainly composed of cyanoside and geniposidic acid. Cyanoside contained 1.0% in the anterior leaves and 1.1% in the seeds of P. grandis, which was the main active component of P. grandis. Triterpenoids include ursolic acid, ursolic acid, etc. The main components of sterol are β -sitosterol and β -sitosterol palm ester.
Extraction processing method
Plantain and seed can be extracted by conventional methods in solvents such as water and alcohol, and then concentrated to dry. Such as plantain seed with water as solvent extraction rate of about 3.5%, alcohol extraction rate of about 5.2%.
In vitro bacteriostatic test of Plantago plantains water extract showed that it had different degrees of bacteriostatic effect on homocentric trichoderma, tinea fleuriformis, and Nocardia stellata, and staphylococcus aureus was highly sensitive to this product. The MIC value of 80% alcohol extract of Plantago ovum to Staphylococcus aureus was 20mg/mL, and it also had a certain inhibitory effects on Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Elimination of hydroxyl radical by plantain extract;
- Inhibitory effect of plantain extract on lipid peroxidation;
- Inhibition of b-16 melanocyte activity by plantain extract;
- Inhibition of prostaglandin production by extracts from Plantago sativa;
- Inhibition of methionine by plantain seed extract;
- Promotion of lipolysis by plantain Plantago culture of abdominal adipocytes;
- The contraction effect of plantain extract on pore;
- Epidermal cell culture of Plantain extract promoted the contrite activity of tissue protein.
- The extracts of Plantain Plantarum could promote the proliferation of fibroblast cells.
- Inhibitory effect of plantain extract on lipoxygen-1 type;
- Inhibition of lipoxygenase-2 by plantain extract
- Elimination of superoxide free radical by plantain extract;
Application in cosmetics&skin care products
Plantain extract has a good scavenging effect on free radicals and an inhibitory effect on lipoxygenase, which can be used as antioxidant in cosmetics. Plantain extract can promote the activation of cathepsin, and the decrease of cathepsin activity is related to the occurrence of skin diseases, which also verified the anti-inflammatory effect of Plantain. Plantain extract can also be used as a deodorant, weight loss agent, and skin-tightening astringent.
Brown Fine Powder
10:1 or Customized
|Sample & MOQ|
Cosmetic/Skincare Raw Materials
|COA and MSDS|
Available For Your Reference
Customized, FOB, CIF, D2D
Supply In Bulk, ODM/OEM, Wholesale
A cool (2~8 ) & dry place protected from light, keep package close.
Seek Quote From The Plantain Extract Manufacturer
Xiamen, Shanghai; China
Over 20 Years of Supply Experience
- North America 51.00%
- Western Europe: 10.00%
- Northern Europe: 10.00%
Support Formula Customization/ODM/OEM
24 hours online